Kattwings Knits

knitting that flys off the needles

Friday, 11 August 2006

Oh Good

I straight out asked Landlord Jr yesterday while he was here getting rent if we were going to be evicted...He said NO! If we like staying here then we are right. PHEW!! I have to say it was a HUGE relief! Chances of getting another place around here are rather impossible!! Especially for less then $200 per week.

Been keeping myself busy getting some of Kerry's work done. I am up to odd baby sock number 4, dont know if I will get a 5th out before they start matching up will have to wait and see. Done all but sew up one jumper for Kerry..and have to do the sleeves, sew up and collar of another one for her. I still have about 4 jumpers and a billion (ok I maybe not THAT many) baby socks to make for her!

Have to get my butt back into working on next doors baby cardigans. She has about a month to go before little Bonnie is due. I have done the back and am working on one of the front sides of both of them!!


Did a little shopping on the Wool Shack the other day. And my mail arrived Wednesday!! I got Knitting for the first time (I know I am NOT a beginner but I love the pattern on the cover). And the First Stitch'n'Bitch (now I have them both). Also picked up the last two balls of Zarina in a GORGEOUS fushia colour. Will go great with my multi colour ball I bought off Kerry.

I also did some Stash Stuffing. In the form of some Lovely ZEST (yes I know its acrylic but I am FINE with some acrylic as long as its soft).


Some 50/50 Wool/Mohair (100% Aussie) in a lovely Olive colour.

And some lovely 50/50 Wool/Acrylic. Thinking about using this this month cos it has NATURAL in it :D

I would show you the piccies...BUT Blogger seem to think I have done enough!! So might see if I can add the other two piccies later.

Catch ya all later! Happy knitting and happy weekend coming up

Katt

12 Comments:

  • At 3:09 pm, Anonymous 2paw said…

    Huzzah!! You don't have to move!! That's excellent news. Nice shopping too!! Books and your favourite Zest!!

     
  • At 3:19 pm, Anonymous 2paw said…

    I meant to ask, where has your favourite online shop gone? I clicked on my link in my favourites and it comes up as missing, one of those funny internet pages???????????

     
  • At 6:48 pm, Blogger Sharon said…

    It must be a huge relief that you don't have to move.

    Nice buying there, you must bring the book to next Knitting Coven :)

     
  • At 8:26 pm, Blogger fitknit said…

    Noice haul!

     
  • At 8:30 pm, Blogger Bugsy said…

    noice! I will have to check out those books - Tell us what you think of them.

    Sooooo glad you got the thing with the house sorted out - do you feel a little better now about it all?

    love the stash enhancement! Cool.

     
  • At 10:04 pm, Blogger Fifi said…

    Yay!! Hopefully you can relax and get back to some well deserved knitting time.

    Lovely new things there!

     
  • At 10:06 pm, Blogger Karen said…

    Well, that is good news from Landlord Jr. I'm so glad he put your mind at ease. Don't worry about your work knitting - once you get back into the swing of things, you'll have it done in no time flat. You are so speedy!! Love your new yarns. Hey, if the acrylic feels good, why not. Every yarn has a certain project that is just perfect for it. :)

     
  • At 11:19 pm, Blogger Cathy said…

    Glad you joined the stash enhancement club as I've been doing quite a bit of it lately too.

    Good to hear about not having to move.

    I just noticed that our wool shop has gone as well.

    I've finally posted again.

    Cathy

     
  • At 11:56 pm, Blogger trek said…

    Great relief on the homestead there.

    What a lot of S.E.X. you had.

     
  • At 12:17 am, Blogger Cathy said…

    Right on the money with the pink Magnum Prints.

    It's already on the needles for miss 4 with page34 of Debbie Bliss "Great knits for kids".

    Cathy

     
  • At 8:39 am, Blogger Kate said…

    Yaaaaay!!!!
    Now you get to enjoy the enhancements to the property as well. What are you going to do for Project Spectrum for August?

     
  • At 11:48 am, Blogger Ann said…

    I know you are on a sock yarn diet, but you can still check out www.knittinginspirations.com for really nice cotton sock yarn (Lana Grossa). As the Yarn Harlot said in her book "Knitting Rules!", sock yarn is not part of the yarn stash! Enjoy your new acquisitions!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Days Until Rachelle's 7th Birthday
Lilypie Baby PicLilypie Baby Ticker


Days Until Harley's 10th Birthday
Lilypie Baby PicLilypie Baby Ticker


Fiber Arts Bloggers
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random |