Kattwings Knits

knitting that flys off the needles

Wednesday, 30 August 2006

Good Causes

Diabetes is something that touch a lot of peoples lives. I know of a few.

A blogger friend of mine is reaching out to people to help the cause.

If you have a few dollars you can donate (or maybe a prize you can send for her to use for those who are donating? Dont know if that is something she is looking for but I am thinking about offering up something). Please go look HERE..

Katt

P.S. on a side note. I am having to put up with builders in my house today! We are FINALLY getting gas set up. Landlord Jr told us that it will ALL be done on the one day (today) so we will be set to go..THEN he turned up today and guess what...We will NOT be ready to go! AARRGGHH...Supposidly it will be put in but the electrican wont be coming today so WHO KNOWS when we will freaken get to use the heater!! NOT BLOODY HAPPY!!!

My knitting group had both (dont ask..it should have been only ONE) birthday parties yesterday. I went to both. I enjoyed both. Both were totally different then the other but I am very glad I went to both. Food was excellent (I was so freaken FULL last night), company was brilliant. I am now broke.

7 Comments:

  • At 9:42 am, Blogger Karen said…

    Thank you so much for putting out the word for me!! I am so touched by the donations I've already recieved . . . and also by several offers to donate more prizes. I will gladly accept any prize donations, and I by all means consider that a donation to my cause. Thank you so much for your help!!

     
  • At 11:06 am, Blogger Leeanne said…

    Gas is soo much better and cheaper then elect. I miss it in my old house. Make sure you get a new gas oven (soo much nicer to bake in).

     
  • At 1:34 pm, Anonymous Michelle said…

    it's easier to cook with gas too!! my previous rental house had electrical stove. hate it hate it!! now i'm using gas stove!!! easy peasy!!

     
  • At 7:01 pm, Anonymous 2paw said…

    Glad you had a good time!! I did too........don't mention the war!!!!
    Yes, I have had children in my class with diabetes... very good cause!!
    We knew it couldn't be that easy : the gas!!!! See, I can comment about it though!! Do you have a mole on your face????

     
  • At 6:15 am, Blogger Kylie said…

    You lucky thing i would love gas :(
    I think what you did for Karen is really lovely i have contacted her about donations hopefully she is interested.

     
  • At 8:49 am, Blogger Sharon said…

    A great time was had on Tuesday night, but it is like going on holiday with only 1/2 your family, you know that some aren't there :(

    Diabetes is in both sides of my family, so far neither me or my sister have been affected. My Dads sister died from it in her early 40's, admittedly she had it very severely from a child and we are talking the mid 1960's and a lot has been done medically since but it is a cause close to my heart and I will head on over and help out how I can.

    Yes do you have a mole on your face?? If so don't mention it to a certain DR!!

     
  • At 4:44 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Refer to Diabetes for
    useful information

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Days Until Rachelle's 7th Birthday
Lilypie Baby PicLilypie Baby Ticker


Days Until Harley's 10th Birthday
Lilypie Baby PicLilypie Baby Ticker


Fiber Arts Bloggers
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random |