Kattwings Knits

knitting that flys off the needles

Friday, 30 June 2006

Wednesday was for Cooking

.


I did some soup cooking Wednesday. Made Minestrone soup (second piccie) which was LOVELY..As well as made some Baked Pumpkin soup (top piccie) which is DIVINE!! Both soups are BASIC and very yummy recipes (and my girls LOOOOOVE them).

The girls and I had some Minestrone soup for dinner Wednesday night (Adam doesnt eat soup)...And then I had a bowl of the Baked Pumpkin later once it was done. I must make more and put into the freezer (of both) as well as make some Cauliflower soup and some of my mothers Veggie soup to add to the freezer. There is nothing like having a freezer full of homemade soup that you KNOW if full of goodness for you and your kids on lazy winter days.

I have also finished the star jumper..Sewn up and all! But you can wait til tomorrow to see that! lol

Thanks everyone for the lovely comments on my blogs second blogversary!!

Take care all! Happy knitting! Have a great weekend!

Katt

9 Comments:

  • At 11:43 pm, Blogger Karen said…

    Yum . . . . I'm a huge soup fan!!! Even in the summer (which it is here). :) Never too hot for a good bowl of creamy soup!!

     
  • At 7:40 am, Blogger Kate said…

    Kat, in the world of blog knitting, having 2 projects on the go is just abnormal!!

    I love winter and all the soups I can indulge myself in. Being a vego household, my cooking favourites are cream of celeriac, minestrone, and roast pumpkin at the moment. Mmmmm....

     
  • At 9:10 am, Blogger Sharon said…

    Yummy soup!!

    Can't wait to see the star jumper.

     
  • At 9:42 am, Blogger Cathy said…

    Yummy looking soup. Bet it tastes scrumptious

    Can't wait to see the star jumper.

    See ya later today.

    Cathy

     
  • At 9:47 am, Blogger Little Purl said…

    That soup looks yummy!!

     
  • At 2:30 pm, Anonymous 2paw said…

    Yummy soup de loup!!! Oh, I can't wai to see the Star Jumper either!!!

     
  • At 4:20 pm, Blogger Noeysmommy said…

    Hi Katt...here's the link for the baby hoodie cardigan -http://www.knittingpureandsimple.com/babycardi.html - it's a free pattern by Knitting Pure and Simple.

     
  • At 9:45 pm, Blogger Cathy said…

    Goodness Katt, now I'm starving! ;)
    I too love soup, as do my girls. What a great idea, to make ahead and freeze :) Enjoy your weekend.

     
  • At 7:35 pm, Blogger Serendipity said…

    Oh, love the looks of that soup. Do you have the recipe?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Days Until Rachelle's 7th Birthday
Lilypie Baby PicLilypie Baby Ticker


Days Until Harley's 10th Birthday
Lilypie Baby PicLilypie Baby Ticker


Fiber Arts Bloggers
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random |