Kattwings Knits

knitting that flys off the needles

Monday, 8 May 2006

Project Sprectrum April (in pictures)

.

This is the baby jumper I did in the Kool Aid dyed yarn. Gorgeous and soft. I love it. Almost makes me wish I had a baby to put it on! lol. ALMOST...Just have to free up some time to do a matching beanie and socks. Do have buttons for it (got some lovely light orange rubbery ones) but cant find where I put them (they were sitting with the jumper now have vanished).


Then there was the yarn that I dyed up for my mothers Mother's Day Socks. Which the pattern didnt go to plan. I started with the Lava Sock Pattern (which is why I dyed the yarn the colour I have).

The pattern wasnt playing fair at all. Wasn't putting any effort in that I was. It was lazy and only looked like stocking stitch..Which isnt a BAD thing but I was putting effort in for MORE and DAMMIT I wanted more for my mothers socks. So after doing a total of 9 rows pattern. I got sad with it and ripped it back to the rib and started another pattern. Which I liked (though wasnt to plan so made me a little sad) but I liked enough to finish the first sock last night while watching Superbikes!! I am now doing the rib of sock two!

This new sock has FOUR different syles of stitching in it (rib, eye of partridge, stocking sitch and whatever the main pattern for the socks is).

I also got some LOVELY Heirloom cotton from Nat (for my birthday) that I have started something with but havent finished yet (part of Project Spectrum April) once its finished I will show you all. No piccies of it.

I also have piccies of the 5 or so GREEN things I have on the go that I want to finish at least 3 of for this month. Will probably post them later this week for you all to enjoy.

Katt

7 Comments:

  • At 4:17 pm, Anonymous Jess said…

    Hi Katt! That baby jumper looks BEAUTIFUL!! I will have a baby soon for you to put it on :P I have been knitting erratically lately and find it hard to keep my eyes open once I sit down for some reason, but I WILL finish that jumper pattern you sent me sometime soon.

     
  • At 5:33 pm, Anonymous 2paw said…

    Those socks are hot!!!!!!!!
    The baby cardi looks gorgeous, but it looks even more beautiful in real life!!
    Don't you hate it when a plan DOESN'T come together???!!

     
  • At 5:41 pm, Blogger Leeanne said…

    Wow katt that jumper looks great.

    I really like your lava socks too.

     
  • At 9:21 pm, Blogger Sharon said…

    I love those socks, where did you get the pattern??? We wont see them in real life if they are for mothers day will we?

     
  • At 10:13 pm, Blogger Karen said…

    What wonderful FOs. The jumper is so cute, can't wait to see the buttons (I hope they stop playing Hide And Seek soon!!) The sock is just great, I'm sure your mother will love it. Can't wait to see the green projects too!!

     
  • At 4:37 pm, Anonymous Michelle said…

    that jumper is so cute. i hope i'll be able to knit one someday as in know how :P

     
  • At 6:32 pm, Blogger amanda j said…

    I love those socks you clever thing! Don't be sad, I think it is amazing you are knitting a pair of socks with yarn you dyed yourself.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Days Until Rachelle's 7th Birthday
Lilypie Baby PicLilypie Baby Ticker


Days Until Harley's 10th Birthday
Lilypie Baby PicLilypie Baby Ticker


Fiber Arts Bloggers
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random |