Kattwings Knits

knitting that flys off the needles

Thursday, 25 May 2006

Mmmm..Knitting

Ok so since my last post yesterday I got up to the heel of the first 2yo sock..Not much work really. Slacker I am.

I am starting to look at everything I have to do and think..Do I want to rush this first lot of stuff for Kerry? Or do I want to make it last the whole month and work on other things I have on my plate as well?

There is a few things for MYSELF I would like to finish...

There is Rachelle's Cardigan I would like to finish....

There is like 2 more Project Spectrum things I wanted to finish this month...

There is the baby cardigan Anna asked me to make her for her to bring her baby home from the hospital in! I know the baby isnt due until Sept..But I wanted a few things done for her to pick from...

There is Harleys socks. She and I are the only ones in the household without a pair of handknitted socks...

A wise green woman once told me (ok so it was last night via an email) that I should spend 15 minutes on my socks every day. I think that is a great idea. And I plan on running with it. I plan on spreading myself thinly every night for about 30 minutes each on several things. To see if I can get more things done (ok..So I will spend more time on Kerry's things..Cos they are more important). Ok so just cos its the plan..Doesnt mean it will actually happen!

Happy knitting!

Katt

6 Comments:

  • At 8:36 pm, Blogger Cathy said…

    The best made plans! ;) Sounds like you are doing a fantastic job accomplishing all of your work. Congratulations :)

     
  • At 8:45 pm, Anonymous 2paw said…

    Wise Green Woman says "It's true!!! You can get an amazing amount done in just 15 dedicated minutes!!!" I can often only manage 15 minutes of anything so I have had to learn to pace myself!!! I think you will be sad if you don't knit some things just for YOU!!!!

     
  • At 10:29 pm, Blogger Karen said…

    I think your plan sounds perfect . . . I'm sure it will work out great. I am, however, still reeling from the fact that you haven't knit any socks for yourself. Oh no, you'd better put that at the top of your list!!!!!

     
  • At 7:34 am, Blogger Sharon said…

    If I were to knit for a living, I would apply the wise green womans rule so that I would at least still have 'me' knit time.

    When we go into the comments section your sidebar is back where it belongs, gremlins me thinks.

     
  • At 5:11 pm, Blogger Bugsy said…

    You are doing so well. I have the same philosophy for my garden. I figure if every time I go outside I pull 1 weed - eventually it will all be done. (ummmm well it is good in theory).

    p.s. My side bar did that when I created a post that somehow had wider margins or a big picture in it. Try going into edit mode and placing your recent posts into draft mode - if the bar comes back up, public one post after another and you will work out which one is the problem one. Then it is just a matter of fixing it somehow.

     
  • At 2:54 pm, Blogger Kate said…

    ONe knows and appreciates the wisdome of this advice but when one's up to that bit one doesn't enjoy (actually, really despises) surely casting on something new can't be called procrastination? It's more like mental health.

    Good luck on this, Katt, and I'm still going with the reminscinces of the Knitting Olympics and I know that you'll power through all the items in the last 48 hours, have everything done and be a wobbly little jelly doing plain stitch scarves for a while!

    And for heaven's sake woman, buy some luxury yarn and knit yourself beautiful sox that you and no-one else will wear!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Days Until Rachelle's 7th Birthday
Lilypie Baby PicLilypie Baby Ticker


Days Until Harley's 10th Birthday
Lilypie Baby PicLilypie Baby Ticker


Fiber Arts Bloggers
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random |