Kattwings Knits

knitting that flys off the needles

Monday, 22 May 2006

Mini Comp Winner

.

Above you can see what was in the parcel. It was Adam's Secret Socks that I made him! And he loves them.

Okies so I am a day later then I said I would be for the mini Guessing comp. I got some FANTASTIC answers! You guys are funny!!

And the winner of the guessing game is.....drum roll please!!!!!

BUGSY!!!!!!! And here is what she put

"Aha - I knew those xray glasses would come in handy one day!

hmm it's green. It took you a month. It's a little hard to tell because these glasses are not
in my prescription.


Is it a pony? It's a pony isn't it! But not just any pony - this pony can knit. A green knitting pony.

Wow I wish this pony was coming to my house. A pet that not only knits but fertilises the garden - priceless!"

Now my darlink we have to get together and organise your little pressies!!

On the job front. I have made two pair of baby lace socks. half a pair of self striping toddler socks (which are going to drive me NUTS!! I am going to have to waste almost a whole sock worth of wool to get the socks to match. So instead I have started a second sock with the same wool. Hoping to get less wastage as I finish the second one). I have started the little Cable and Rib jumper too. Finished the back last night while watching Moto. Cast on the front. The Zara wool is GORGEOUS!! Will have to look into buying some of that too (just not in cream).

Okies folks! Take care...Happy knitting!

Katt

7 Comments:

  • At 4:38 pm, Blogger Serendipity said…

    Hi Katt, I wish I can knit as good as that socks...that's major league to me. Hopefully, I get there someday huh?

    Shoshana

     
  • At 7:23 pm, Blogger Fifi said…

    Glad Adam liked his socks..it's great when you knit something for someone and it actually gets used and appreciated!

    I'm not sure I'll bother matching my next pair of socks, but I guess you don't have much choice when it's for someone else.

     
  • At 10:19 pm, Anonymous 2paw said…

    I am so glad that these were your secret project!! Adam is very lucky and has warm feet!!!
    Oh the pain of matching!!!!! Be glad they're not these!!!
    http://www.masondixonknitting.com/archives/2006_05.html#001563
    Happy Knitting!!!

     
  • At 10:31 pm, Blogger Karen said…

    Those socks are great - I'm sure Adam is thrilled with them. I love Bugsy's answer - so funny!!

     
  • At 8:00 am, Blogger Sharon said…

    Those socks are great, a nice mans colour too.

    Love Bugsys answer, she is a funny girl.

     
  • At 7:25 am, Blogger Kylie said…

    Thankyou Katt i'm sure that's not true but thankyou. I too want a knitting pony:)

     
  • At 5:09 pm, Blogger Bugsy said…

    so cool! As I look down at my feet and the crappy store bought socks with my big toe sticking out of a hole - I am amazed once again at your wonderful knitting. I love the socks as I am sure adam does too. So cool about winning. So when does my Pony arrive? Will you be delivering the pony yourself or parcel posting it? hehe. I think i will call my pony, um....... Seymour

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Days Until Rachelle's 7th Birthday
Lilypie Baby PicLilypie Baby Ticker


Days Until Harley's 10th Birthday
Lilypie Baby PicLilypie Baby Ticker


Fiber Arts Bloggers
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random |