Kattwings Knits

knitting that flys off the needles

Sunday, 7 May 2006

It strikes again!

Startitis that is!! Though this time I have only started something small to combat it.

I have started a pair of baby socks. My local Chinese restaurant owner popped out her second bub last month. I have yet to go back into the shop to see her or to find out the details (I knew it was going to be a girl before she was born. Second daughter). I went to high school with Suzi, she was a year behind me, her older brother a year ahead. I get along well with them. So I am making bub a gorgeous BRIGHT pair of baby socks (it is getting cold you know) out of bright patonyle sock yarn. And then I will make a cute little beanie for bub too. Will have to find something cute to make big sister. I am wondering if she is over her shocking eczema (is that spelt right?) enough to have a knitted beanie herself?

I am up to (or down to since its a top down) the heel of my mothers Mother's Day Socks too (well of sock one anyway). So cruising along well with them. Best get back to them tomorrow though. Must get them finished (even though I dont know when I will see my mother next. Depending on when they come into town next).

Adam has his first weekend day off in AGES tomorrow. And he is going to celebrate it by sleeping in (been awhile since he has been able to do that too).

Pictures..yes those dastardly piccies! I will get to those. Just gotta get organised and take them first to show you all. They are coming..I promise! Weather rather cloudy down here at the moment. Doesnt make for the best pics.

Small update on Sophie. It hasnt turned out as bad as they first thought. Thank goodness.

And Wednesday just been it was a year ago that my friend in Qld Kylie died of cancer.

Okies folks. I am offski! Catch ya round. Happy knitting

Katt

3 Comments:

  • At 4:22 am, Blogger Cathy said…

    I'm thankful things aren't as bad as originally thought regarding Sophie, the poor dear little girl! I'm awfully sorry about the loss of your friend, Cancer is such a horror. I hope you enjoy your weekend and have fun knitting those baby socks :)

     
  • At 4:52 pm, Anonymous 2paw said…

    I have just been amusing myself reading your Tagboard La la la la la!!!! Hope the knitting is going well!! Glad to hear that the news about Sphie is good too!!

     
  • At 1:41 pm, Blogger Sharon said…

    Startitis has hit me too, I have way too many things on the needles and I have just casted on for Janelles jumper!!!!

    Big hugs for your friends first year memorial.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Days Until Rachelle's 7th Birthday
Lilypie Baby PicLilypie Baby Ticker


Days Until Harley's 10th Birthday
Lilypie Baby PicLilypie Baby Ticker


Fiber Arts Bloggers
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random |