Kattwings Knits

knitting that flys off the needles

Wednesday, 10 May 2006

Get your Greens here...

.
Rachelle's Cardigan (with body shaping. First for me). In colours she picked. In pattern she picked. I love it. I finished the back and you can see where I have started one side of the front.

Close up of the colours. The green is more true in this one the purple more so in the top one!

Rib childs jumper I am working on in 50/50 wool/acrylic. LOVE this colour! This is the wool I started the toddlers Rowan Denim green jacket in and then ripped it back cos it wasnt playing nice. See the contrast stripe near the bottom?

Close up of the rib. I know. Still hard to see. And you can just see the darker green trim above the bottom band. Will have to block the buggery out of that to get it to look good.

Green velvet toddler (sz 1-2) raglan sleeve top. Finished the back and as you can see the cast on of the front. Should get this one finished this month (cos its only small). LOVE the colour of this

My Irish Hiking scarf! This is gorgeous! My first pressie for myself knitted EVER (in like 17years shocking hey?). I am having a prob with the wool (50/50) vs needles! The very loosely spun yarn keeps catching on the bamboo needles!

Colour is MEANT to be Green Marl. Its gorgeous no matter what it is. I cant wait to get it finished so I can feel really warm in winter! lol


And lastly a Green Aeroplane (a Jean Greenhowe pattern). This is the body part only.

All of these were started some time this year. Not all started at once. Getting through them all hoping to have them finished some time real soon! lol

What else have I been doing? Well down to turning the heel of mum's second Mother's Day Sock. So cruising along really well.

Also been making soup. Monday night I made Baked Pumpkin Soup (thanks Cindy for the recipe!!). Yesterday I made Cauliflower soup (thanks to Shazzy for that recipe) and today I am making my mothers Veggie soup. My freezer will be well stocked with soup for myself and the girls I can tell you (Adam doesnt eat soup!!).

Okies. Happy knitting all! Take care.

Katt

9 Comments:

  • At 6:44 pm, Blogger trek said…

    Wow, you also have some serious greens going on over there.

     
  • At 8:28 pm, Blogger Leeanne said…

    Thanks for dropping into my blog.
    Man you are always busy knitting. You must have lightening fingers to knit that quickly.

     
  • At 9:36 pm, Anonymous 2paw said…

    Oh, your knitting is all so beautiful and green!! Your scarf is lovely. Methinks Sharon might be right about my green voodoo!!!!
    Glad the soup is tasty!! MrsMacGyver are making soup on Sunday in between episodes of Stargate SG1!!!

     
  • At 10:13 pm, Blogger Karen said…

    Look at all that green - May is sure your month. Sorry to hear you are in needle hell with me . . . sounds like maybe bamboo isn't the right choice for that yarn (but oh how I love to knit with bamboo). All that soup sounds wonderful - I eat soup all year round. I was just thinking yesterday I should make a big pot of Potato Cheddar . . yum. We are on the same wavelenght!!

     
  • At 8:14 am, Blogger Cathy said…

    What a lot of green.

    Cindy has certainly been working a bit of magic at the knitting coven around you.

    Cathy

     
  • At 12:48 pm, Blogger fitknit said…

    Mmmm, I can't find 'block the buggery' in any of my knitting books.

    Did you just make that up as a technical term??? :)

     
  • At 5:47 pm, Blogger amanda j said…

    Oh my goodness, how do you decide what to do next! So many things on the go! And they are all so lovely.

     
  • At 7:38 pm, Blogger Sharon said…

    There is some lovely knitting going on there and I too love the 'blocking to buggery' term. Like boogely from Cindy now we have your new knitting term, he he.

    Cindy has definately been sending green vibes our way!!!

     
  • At 8:20 pm, Blogger shazzy said…

    ahhhhh the serenity of it all. the green I mean.... Im such a green girl, my fav colour, just I can only wear lime green.
    Yanno u put us all to shame with ur knitting.... So many and so beautiful

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Days Until Rachelle's 7th Birthday
Lilypie Baby PicLilypie Baby Ticker


Days Until Harley's 10th Birthday
Lilypie Baby PicLilypie Baby Ticker


Fiber Arts Bloggers
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random |