Kattwings Knits

knitting that flys off the needles

Thursday, 18 May 2006

Flash and Splash!

.
Thanks everyone for the kind comments about getting the job! I have finished a pair fo baby socks already!

I dont know if I am allowed to show off things or not but I am going to...Hell its my sock pattern I am doing!! I found it online and I have knitted it a few times..So she cant say I am showing off a secret! Actually everything I am doing for her this time round are patterns that I am supplying!! Next time I go over (to return all the finished stuff and get more to do I hope) she wants me to bring my patterns along for her to go through. And we will probably go through hers aswell!

I did some dying today too. And guess what....I got dye on me! BADLY!! the bloody blue that I was using decided to take a dive everywhere!! Hoping to get the mild blue stain that is left on the CREAM cupboards out with more cleaning as I go...Its only light and should fade!

I have to say that I FULLY understand the COMPLETE rave over Debbie Bliss Baby Cashmerino!!! OMG!!!!!!! Its gorgeously soft! I am so going to have to get some myself..Dunno what for (99% sure for the girls!)! Its like a 5ply.

I have now started a blue pair of baby socks out of Zarina (which at the moment isnt impressing me anywhere near as much as the Cashmerino, which had me hooked from cast on). Hoping to get those done tonight (I have another about 2 pairs of those blue to make and another peachy/flesh pair of Cashmerino baby socks to go in the same lace pattern). Below is the pretty purple Cashmerino socks (if I get some its gonna be in THIS colour).



And to make Cindy happy! Showing of my dying stains! lol. Wasnt until I took the piccies and had them uploaded that I looked at my OTHER arm and saw that I looked like I had some weird freak blue spot disease!! When the wool dries more I will show you that in its Skeins. Its to swap for a sock bag.


Okies folks I am off now! More knitting to do! Take care! Catch ya on the flip side!

Katt

8 Comments:

  • At 5:14 pm, Blogger amanda j said…

    Katt that is some cute sockage going on. Well done on your new 'job'! How did you manage it? Why can't I stay home and knit too? Is it because I am a bit of a disaster area in the knitting department?

     
  • At 6:42 pm, Anonymous 2paw said…

    BraveKnitter!! You look like you are all 'woded' up ready for sock battle. Thank you for your dyeing pictures. It makes me feel less moronic to know other people stain themselves!!!!
    Beautiful knitting!!! Thanks for flashing the splashing!!!!

     
  • At 7:56 pm, Blogger fitknit said…

    Glad to hear it's all going well. It must be wonderful to get to taste test yarns. Good for you!

     
  • At 10:16 pm, Blogger Karen said…

    I agree, Baby Cashmerio is the best!!! That's what I'm doing that green baby sweater out of (I have to get that finished and posted this weekend). I can't believe you finished one pair of socks already - you are crazy fast. That sure will come in handy with your new dream-job. Okay, so when I start dying my yarns I need to remember to put it on the YARN, not myself or the kitchen?? Thanks for the tip!! But seriously, I hope that blue comes off your cabinets easily.

     
  • At 10:43 pm, Blogger trek said…

    The socks are SO cute!
    Congrats on the knit-job.

     
  • At 8:59 am, Blogger Sharon said…

    I love the socks, they are so cute and adorable. Where will you be buying your Debbie Bliss baby cashmerino from? I wouldn't mind some as well, I have a lady from the UK ebay that I buy from and she is cheaper than here in Oz. Or can you get it here cheaper, well cheaper than the Wool Shack that is, maybe we can do a combined order??

    He he my favourite Status Quo album 'Blue For You' sprang to mind when I saw your arms.

     
  • At 7:53 am, Blogger Kylie said…

    The socks look fantastic. I still cannot belive you get to stay at home and knit.You are so lucky:)

     
  • At 4:41 pm, Blogger Serendipity said…

    Those socks are adorable...and I am just wondering here how hard it is to dye anything...and how hard is it to remove dye stains on skin?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Days Until Rachelle's 7th Birthday
Lilypie Baby PicLilypie Baby Ticker


Days Until Harley's 10th Birthday
Lilypie Baby PicLilypie Baby Ticker


Fiber Arts Bloggers
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random |