Kattwings Knits

knitting that flys off the needles

Thursday, 27 April 2006

The Phoenix!

.

Ooooh the colours! Phoenix Bird Of Fire Colours.


Ok so I have dyed the yarn for mum's Mother's Day Socks! I know I am cutting it a tad late being as it is going to take about 2 days for the wool to fully dry! I dyed some Patonyle Sock Yarn and it dyed up a TREAT! No flecks through it from the 20% Nylon! And its going to be so soft and lovely! So now I know what to get to dye up for self dyed sock yarn! Though will still shop around for some other pure wool stuff (NOT happy with what I used for Rachelle's! They pilled up within 1hr of her wearing them!).


I LOVE the colours!! I am doing Lava Socks so the orange and the yellow is PERFECT Lava colour! I thought about putting some red in it but am glad I didnt. I am a bit nervous about this pattern. Hoping its easy! Don't want to do any major stuff ups! I want to impress!!! I know my mother wont be fussed about a little mistake here or there but I am a perfectionist when it comes to my work!

The colours are PERFECT for Project Spectrum too! So how is that for timing.

Adam has lost his phone AGAIN!!! Last week it hooked itself onto Pop's Wheelie Bin and wasnt found until Adam made a second trip down there a few days later! Having the damn thing on SILENT didnt help the bloody cause for finding it! Then he came home from picking Harl up from school and starts searching for it! I then get a phone call "have you lost a phone?" Why YES I have! Bloody male! He left it at Harley's School!! I swear he gives ME looks when I leave it at Suzi's house or lose it around OUR home!! At least I know its safe!!!!!

And with that little bit of a rant my dears I will be off! Happy knitting! Hoping you aren't in a knitting black hole like I am! WHY isnt the jumper I am working on at the moment getting any bigger!?!?

Katt

8 Comments:

  • At 4:06 pm, Blogger trek said…

    Good name for that yarn, phoenix - reminds me of sunsets over the city in Arizona.

     
  • At 9:10 pm, Blogger Karen said…

    Oooohh, that's so pretty! And perfect for Project Spectrum. I just joined the Dye-O-Rama swap even though I don't know a think about dying yarn. Now I know who to come crying to with my frantic questions - tee hee!! (Just kidding)

     
  • At 9:34 am, Anonymous 2paw said…

    Wow, what excellent dyeing!! Can I can see the dye on your fingers?? It will make fantastic Lava socks!!! If I misplace my phone I ring myself up!! It is always in my bag at the very bottom, or my jeans from walking The Labradors. But in the Wheelie bin?? Very bad!!!

     
  • At 12:50 pm, Blogger Cathy said…

    Luuuuuuuuuuuuv the colour of the dyed yarn.

    You may have to tie Adams' phone around his neck like a baby.

    Spotlight have the needle rolls in with 8 pairs of bamboo needles included.

    They only came in yesterday.

    Mine are already hard at work.

    Cathy

     
  • At 1:32 pm, Blogger Leeanne said…

    I love the yarn such a bright colour (you'll see your mum coming in those socks).

    About the phone situation. My man is attached permanently to his phone (drives me nuts at times).

    Phoenix reminds me of harry potter.

     
  • At 3:34 pm, Anonymous Dipsy said…

    Hi from Austria! Gosh, you did such an excellent job with the dyeing, and the colors turned out sooo gorgeous! I'm absolutely crazy for orange, so mind you, I got happy just with looking at these pics! I'm really curious to seeing how the socks will turn out with this yarn - great job!

     
  • At 7:02 pm, Blogger Sharon said…

    Love the yarn, phoenix is a great name. Your mum is going to get a great pair of socks from it.

     
  • At 10:16 pm, Blogger Ragan said…

    OOOhhhhhh...Ahhhhh...
    That yarn is lovely! That is something I am not brave enough to do yet...dye yarn! You are brave indeed! It is so bright!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Days Until Rachelle's 7th Birthday
Lilypie Baby PicLilypie Baby Ticker


Days Until Harley's 10th Birthday
Lilypie Baby PicLilypie Baby Ticker


Fiber Arts Bloggers
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random |