Kattwings Knits

knitting that flys off the needles

Saturday, 22 April 2006

And the winner/s is/are

Ok the correct answer to the competition was


B) For my younger sister!!

And she LOVES them. Is afraid to wear them with shoes for fear of wearing them out. I made them mainly for evenings/nights and around the house anyway. It gets rather cold out where they live so I thought they would come in handy when not wearing shoes. I will get a piccie of them up on the blog when I can.

Now that is done. The winner of the correct answer is:

A.J. Congrats girl!!! I have the yarn..And I want to keep it all!! its mine MIIIINE!! Just kidding. It lovely and the colours are GORGEOUS!! I know A.J.s little girl will probably want something out of the pretty pink and purple yarn she will be getting. Will get piccies up today of the yarn I hope (have to get Adam to get the digi camera stuff where I can find them.).

As for the second prize drawn from everyone (since we DID make it to 25). The winner of that one is Fitknits!! She will be getting a lovely skien of beautiful purple and green yarn, its divine and I bet will make GORGEOUS socks! I want to keep that one too! lol

Can both girls contact me at mummykatt AT bigpond DOT com (remove the spaces and change what is needed). With your addresses so I can mail your little parcels!

So there are our winners! I was starting to worry that everyone was going to guess me!! Mind you I did want to keep them when they were done! Demelza wants a pair now..So does my mother! When she sawn them she says to me "would you mind making me a pair?" (she is getting a pair made for mothers day). How is that for a compliment!?!? My mother has been knitting for MANY MANY years. She have even sold her knitting at jumper shops! And she asks ME to make her a pair! I felt so special (she could knit her own mind you I think its time to give back to my mother. She knitted jumpers for me all my life and knitted a few for my daughters too). And I want to make myself a pair!

I have finished the baby jumper made from Kool Aid. Its going to be my Project Spectrum project for this month (it has orange after all). Just have to get buttons for it. Plan on making matching beanie and socks for it out of the yarn I have left. Then selling the lot.

I have a billion and one projects on the go at the moment! I cant believe it! I have started more. I need to get some finished.

I bought two pattern books by 'Panda' childrens jumpers (sizes 2 to 8-10) out of a gift voucher to a great local yarn store. I want to start some of the jumpers from there. Harley has changed her mind on her school jumper and wants a cable and ribbed one from the new book (yay a NEW cable and ribbed pattern!!! I LOVE ribs and cables).

Okies folks! Thats all for today! Catch you all later! Take care and happy knitting. Tomorrow is my 28th birthday!

Katt

6 Comments:

  • At 2:10 pm, Anonymous 2paw said…

    Yay!! You're back!! I have saved my Favoutites onto a CD!! I have lost them before and it is very boogelly. Your KoolAid cardi is gorgeous!!!!

     
  • At 3:58 pm, Blogger Leeanne said…

    Glad your back. It is nice when your family recognises your cleverness. Thanks for your messages on my blog.

     
  • At 4:17 pm, Blogger amanda j said…

    Yay for me! Thanks Katt, I never win anything. You made me scream!! Woohoo. Glad to have you back.

     
  • At 6:03 pm, Blogger fitknit said…

    WOW!!
    Thanks sooo much! I've very excited with my win. Yahoo!!!!

     
  • At 10:45 pm, Blogger Karen said…

    Your sister's socks came out wonderful (even if I do think you should have been knitting for yourself - LOL). I agree, it's a huge compliment that your mom wants socks too - great Mother's Day idea. Congrats to the prize winners. :)

     
  • At 11:14 pm, Blogger trek said…

    Happy Birthday!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Days Until Rachelle's 7th Birthday
Lilypie Baby PicLilypie Baby Ticker


Days Until Harley's 10th Birthday
Lilypie Baby PicLilypie Baby Ticker


Fiber Arts Bloggers
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random |