Kattwings Knits

knitting that flys off the needles

Friday, 10 March 2006

Yarn Please

I have been buying yarn on ebay to dye up when I get it. I have bought two lots of4 x 100g of 8ply. Two sellers. One lot each seller. I am looking around for something good. One is a lot cheaper then the other. Though the other is Tasmanian (and claims her yarn has more meterage per ball then normal balls..I will have to test that). The Tasmanian one has her yarn in a cream natural colour (easiest for dying lovely light colours). The other one I am getting it in a silver grey colour (hopefully its a lot lighter then the piccie..Though if not it will be great for darker colours).

My big thing is looking for 4ply pure wool!!! Do you think I can find good 4ply in 100g lots that dont cost me an arm and a leg? I dont want to buy brand names. But I will not give up yet! My quest continues! lol. Can anyone help?

I am knitting cable and rib beanies at the moment for my knitting groups market that is in just over a week! I am working on a cute little girls one in lilac pure wool..Then will have to do a boys one then maybe a mans. We will see! lol

I am still debating what to do for my Project Spectrum! I dont want to do a beanie. I wanted to do something like cute little childrens socks but not being able to get my hands on some 4ply to dye I am having to rethink (I only have 21 days to get the yarn, dye it, let it dry, ball it then knit it! I could do it..But I have to yet find it yarn and get it to me! lol

I am debating starting a new yarn diet too. In the end (when I was well on the downhill side) with the last one I really enjoyed it! I know..Scary soul aren't I?

Ok folks! That's all for me! Catch you all on the flip side and happy knitting

Katt

6 Comments:

  • At 1:36 pm, Blogger Sharon said…

    Do Bendigo do a cream 4ply???

     
  • At 1:40 pm, Blogger Nathalie said…

    I was going to say the same thing, to try Bendigo. Or Heirloom - you could phone them for end end of mill lot (just a thought)

     
  • At 10:27 am, Blogger Leeanne said…

    Katt, if your having trouble getting rid of some stash there are alot of stash aunties who will give it a loving home....

     
  • At 11:09 am, Blogger Cathy said…

    I have a ball of Bendigo 4 ply in cream but I want to use it.

    I got it in the pre Christmas sales.

    If you get stuck (desperate) you can have the one I've got and then replace it with another one from Bendigo.

    I have strayed from market gear (I have a few items for sale though) as I've started Baby Norgi. I have decided to try doing the steeks. If you hear me screaming you'll know why.

    Cathy

     
  • At 12:43 pm, Blogger Dandy said…

    Kate.. if you have to much stach... you could send some here in exchange for the kool aid.. I'll love it and knit it up really nice!! lol

    ;~)

     
  • At 11:37 am, Anonymous 2paw said…

    How exciting to see you, Dear No Longer PF and Christopher in town!! You have some wool for dyeing, and did you see on out S'n'B group that Sharon has found a place to buy Kool-Aid here, in Australia!!!!!!!!?????
    A new yarn diet?? You are a glutton for punishment!!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Days Until Rachelle's 7th Birthday
Lilypie Baby PicLilypie Baby Ticker


Days Until Harley's 10th Birthday
Lilypie Baby PicLilypie Baby Ticker


Fiber Arts Bloggers
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random |