Kattwings Knits

knitting that flys off the needles

Thursday, 30 March 2006

Tick Tock Tick Tock

That is my time running out! I have until about 1pm tomorrow to get the three beanies finished up for the market to take into Suzi! Mind you I have knittined 2 of them and am knitting the third today. Just have to sew them all up once this one is done (hopefully before midnight tonight!). Plus I have been working on children's hand warmers (I have fully knitted one and cast on the second) that I want for the market too. Down side? They just look like a rectangle with a hole part way up when NOT on a hand!! I need a child's hand to model it on...Not a real one ;) A dummy one will do..Problem? I dont HAVE one!! Anyone have one out there they are willing to part with? I plan on looking on ebay later..dont hold out much hope though.

I have until the end of tomorrow to get Rachelle's Project Spectrum socks finished..That shouldnt be TOOOO hard..I am down to the heel flap on them and once I pass the market stuff in I am going to dedicate the rest of Friday to them. I want to get back to the baby jumper out of the Peaches and Cream yarn I dyed! I want to finish that!!! Rachelle has requested a pair of hand warmers for herself so want to get onto that. I am sure Harley will want a pair once she finds out about them! lol

I have yet to work out what to do for next months Project Spectrum! Harley wants rainbow colours socks so that will have the required colours. But what else? I have worked out I have done a few things with this months colours! Once the socks are down I will do a post with all the colours in it :D

Okies thats all for me! Piccies next post I promise! Happy knitting

Katt

6 Comments:

  • At 4:42 pm, Anonymous 2paw said…

    How about this?? Use some of those cheap rubber/latex gloves!! Blow them up and then put a rubber band round the end!!!! I have no idea whether this will work or not!! You need the Mythbusters' ballistic gel to make a fake hand!!! You have been so busy!!
    I plan on posting all the red/pimk things tomorrow too!! I plan to use your lovely daffodil yarn - starting Saturday!!!!

     
  • At 4:45 pm, Anonymous 2paw said…

    I can't belive it : to make the small handwarmers in the recommended yarn at the Woolshack costs $82-30 or something like that. Hands of gold, baby, hands of gold!!!!!!!!

     
  • At 6:04 pm, Blogger Kate said…

    Hey, what about just stuffing one of your girl's gloves with unspun wool, and then fit the hand warmer over them? That way the whole knit look gets included! If the girls have a pair each, you can model 4 at once (just make sure that the gloves don't get bought as well!

     
  • At 10:00 pm, Blogger Bugsy said…

    What I want to know is - what the hell are you doing blogging when you have so much to do - Get back to knitting stuff!

    hehe good luck hunny

     
  • At 2:02 am, Anonymous Micaila said…

    Why not have the girls trace their hands on a piece of cardboard and cut them out to use for display. This way the girls feel involved w/ what momy is doing and if you have them decorate the hands, it gives them something to do while you knit loike a madwoman trying to finish up in time. Kills two birds w/ one stone. LOL
    Good luck,
    Micaila

     
  • At 7:17 am, Blogger Sharon said…

    I love the handwarmers pattern and I know that yours will look exactly the same. I was going to suggest the cardboard hand cut out thing that Micaila did. I think I saw hands on ebay, for jewellery display, can't remember the price though.

    Sounds like your needles are going to be cookin' See you Tuesday, I will bring my Auntie if she wants to come, she does knit.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Days Until Rachelle's 7th Birthday
Lilypie Baby PicLilypie Baby Ticker


Days Until Harley's 10th Birthday
Lilypie Baby PicLilypie Baby Ticker


Fiber Arts Bloggers
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random |