Kattwings Knits

knitting that flys off the needles

Sunday, 19 March 2006

There is hope for them yet!!

Today we went to the sock festival thingy at the St Patty day Festival. There wasnt as many socks as I thought there would be (though it is the first year).

Cathy and Cindy BOTH won in their area (as as Cathy said out of 4 of us from S'n'B putting socks in 2 of us won thats pretty good!!).

They had a lady there spinning yarn. My girls LOVED it. Full of questions for the lady..Loved the feel of the fleece (they were given some but in the end they put it back for her to use). At the top is a piccie of them watching the spinning.

Over on our S'n'B group there is piccies of all of them (except maybe the winners?)...All our 4 from our group. I get the feeling that not many of them will sell! There didnt seem to be a lot of people viewing them.

I am back in the flow of knitting. I have (in the past 2 days) finished 2 childrens cable and ribbed beanies (one was started the day I got sick and I did all of 5 rows before having to stop). I am looking forward to getting a few more done and some other things for the market before we have to hand them in. Which is when I wonder..Will have to ask..Is it Tuesday at the next meeting or by the time CWA closes on Thursday? Mmm.

I got some gorgeous new sock yarn at the Sockfest. Its lovely blues and white brand is Hot Socks. I cant wait to get it started (which will probably be never). It only cost $5 per 50g ball of wool which I thought was a BARGAIN!! Machine washable and anit-felting too! GREAT.

We had the bonus cos Adam's nan and pop lives on the green they got free passes to get in and so we didnt have to pay for that..and didnt have to pay for parking. Had somewhere to go to the loo and have a sit down too if needed. BONUS. And it was great to see them again.

Ok blogger is being an A$$ and not letting me post the piccie of the girls with the spinning wheel! A later date then! Take care. Keep knitting!

Katt

4 Comments:

  • At 7:52 am, Blogger Sharon said…

    Congrats. to the winners of the sock thingy, I do so wish that I could have been there, oh well maybe next year.

    Can't wait to see the sock wool that you bought.

     
  • At 2:22 pm, Blogger Leeanne said…

    Glad your feeling better. Now is the time of year where we are knitting like demons. Today was the first day here where we arent wearing shorts. Glad for that.
    Happy knitting.

     
  • At 4:30 pm, Blogger Cathy said…

    Hi Katt.

    Pop over to Shell's blog as she's posted.

    Cathy

     
  • At 5:06 pm, Blogger Lynne said…

    Wow - sounds like a nasty bug you had!
    I was going to put in entries for the sockfest but time beat me to it. Plus what price do you put on socks?
    Pop over to my blog. I think you'll like something that you see.....

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Days Until Rachelle's 7th Birthday
Lilypie Baby PicLilypie Baby Ticker


Days Until Harley's 10th Birthday
Lilypie Baby PicLilypie Baby Ticker


Fiber Arts Bloggers
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random |