Kattwings Knits

knitting that flys off the needles

Monday, 27 March 2006

Project Spectrum and other colours

.

Rachelle's Project Specrum socks. In both pink and red. They are a little too big for her. But that was the plan when I knitted them a little big! The two sizes she fell between had them either 2cm to short in the foot (so they would fit her well now if I added length) or 2cm to big in the foot (meaning they will fit her now and next winter and perhaps the winter after depending on how quick her feet grow). They are like 1cm to short for Harley's feet and she is 6yrs and assorted months!


So I have one sock fully done and this far (above) on the second one. Rachelle LOVES them! She wants to wear the finished one NOW..I told her she has to wait.



Sharon will recognise this yarn! She put it into balls for me! Its my Peaches and Cream yarn I dyed last year with Kool Aid. Its a 5ply and gorgeous! So last night while watching the opening race of the season for MotoGP I started knitting a baby jumper out of it. Its DIVINE!!!! So soft!!! I sooooooo love this yarn (not enough to have a baby to put it on though)..I kept looking at it and thinking of orange army print last night! How cool! I love army print and its in fashion in kids clothes again this year.

Okies thats all for me today! Catch you all round! Happy knitting!

Katt

6 Comments:

  • At 3:56 pm, Blogger Sharon said…

    I love the socks, very bright and I absolutely love the peaches and cream, looks yummy enough to eat.

    I have your baby wool from Bendigo, it arrived this arvo.

     
  • At 4:15 pm, Anonymous 2paw said…

    I am really enjoying Project Spectrum!! I have made more things than I ever thought I would 4 or 5!!!! Love the socks and the cheeky child!!
    Yes, it is Peach Camouflage.
    Yay for the Moto Gp thingy!! I know you have been waiting for it to start!!!

     
  • At 5:28 pm, Blogger Cathy said…

    Luuuuuuuuuuv the sock.

    Rachelle looks pleased that it won't be long until the next ones done.

    Cathy

     
  • At 12:31 am, Blogger Karen said…

    What a great sock . . . who can blame Rachelle for wanting to wear it NOW!!! :) I find that's why I haven't had to fight Second Sock Symdrome yet . . . I'm so excited to have a finished pair to knit that I get going on the second sock as soon as the first one is done!!

     
  • At 11:15 pm, Blogger amanda j said…

    Gorgeious sock and child! Well done on both counts.

     
  • At 1:42 am, Anonymous Necia said…

    Say it ain't so! You can dye cotton with kool aid? Btw, your girls are adorable.



    Necia

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Days Until Rachelle's 7th Birthday
Lilypie Baby PicLilypie Baby Ticker


Days Until Harley's 10th Birthday
Lilypie Baby PicLilypie Baby Ticker


Fiber Arts Bloggers
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random |