Kattwings Knits

knitting that flys off the needles

Sunday, 12 March 2006

Gloves

You know one day I will remember to wear TWO gloves when dying yarn I now have red on my right hand fingers! I wore the glove in the left hand. I did the dying of the sock yarn today.

I was in town with Dear No Longer Pregnant Friend and went into the local yarn shop (WOOOO) and picked up two lots of 50g 4ply pure wool to dye. I have only dyed one of them (should be enough for kids socks). I have dyed it red, light pink and hot pink. Cant wait for it to dry and see how it looks as an end product. Then I get to knit it!!

While in town with DNLPF I ran into the lovely Cindy! She got to meet Christopher.

Man the weather has gotten hotter again! Harley has resurected her hot weather NASTY cough. If it keeps up she will be seeing a Dr about it.

I have finished the lilac cable and rib beanie (after taking a few days off). I have now casted on a pink one. Went into Spotlight today and picked up some gorgeous blue and light green to make two for boys. Also got some Zhivago to make the girls beanies for winter. I let them pick the colours they wanted (Rachelle got in first for once with the pink) .

Ok thats all I have to say for today. Back to the knitting with me. Went out for lunch at the Star bar..they have some nice food. Havent been there in YEARS! Last time I went I was in TAFE (9yrs ago) and was with DNLPF.

Happy knitting!

Katt

2 Comments:

  • At 4:03 pm, Blogger Cathy said…

    Glad you got some yarn for dying.

    We were in town today and also went to Spotlight.

    Some new colours in the patonyle sock yarn called "buy me".

    I'm a sucker for sock yarn.

    Cathy

     
  • At 7:44 am, Blogger Sharon said…

    Ooooh sounds lovely, can't wait to see it, the wool that is, although your coloured hand would look a sight too!!! But just think you can say with pride, I dye my own wool and here is the proof ;)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Days Until Rachelle's 7th Birthday
Lilypie Baby PicLilypie Baby Ticker


Days Until Harley's 10th Birthday
Lilypie Baby PicLilypie Baby Ticker


Fiber Arts Bloggers
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random |