Kattwings Knits

knitting that flys off the needles

Sunday, 5 March 2006

Colour Colours everywhere

,
Here are my yarns!!! Well..my dyed yarns..I didnt spin them.
.


This is my lovely rainblow. Now this one I have already knitted up into a baby beanie. But I do have another one already dyed and skeined. LOVELY colours. This one was 8ply approx.45g worth. My other one is also 8ply but about 75g worth.

This one I have lovingly called Boyson (dont ask). Gorgeous blue and green! I think this one would knit up gorgeously! 8ply approx. 50g worth.

This one I have named Orchid. Its a lovely orange and lilac colourway. This would look lovely knitted up too. 8ply approx. 50g worth.


This one was nicely named Daffodil (by someone for me...I love the name). I had a BUGGER of a time getting the camera to pick up the fact there is TWO greens (a normal green and a lime colour) and the yellow was very bright. This is 2ply approx 35g. I havent re-skeined this to mix the colours (like I did with the others) am afraid I will break a few threads if I do! lol

I dont have a piccie of my Sunset yarn (which is about 100g of 10ply perfect for a scarf I think) with it being cloudy today I didnt think it woudl be best. I will get a pic and post it real soon as well as the rainbow beanie. I plan on doing more dying of yarn sometime next week.

Lookie Lookie what I got in the mail this week just finished! Its my Baby Alpaca yarn from Katie's shop!!! The colours is gorgeous..It's so soft!! I dont want to knit it up I just want to rub it against my cheek and smell it! lol

The weather has cooled down a lot and is now LOVELY! I adore cooler weather!

My darling Cindy asked me what MotoGP is...Well my dear here is a link. Its as you thought Motor Bike Grand Prix. Here is a link to its Website MotoGP. I also love watching World Super Bikes. I LOVE fast bikes!!! to watch that is ;) havent been on a motorbike since I was around 11 when my uncle took me around my nans property on his.

Some Aussies might have in their newspapers today (or saw on their news last night) about 3 young men getting stabbed in Victoria yesterday around 5:30. Here is the article. The male that died at the scene was Adam's Cousin. His mother rang me at noon today to tell me. She wasnt told until this morning by his parents.

8 Comments:

  • At 3:25 pm, Anonymous 2paw said…

    Sorry to hear that the man who died was Adam's cousin. My cousin died a few weeks ago too. It is very sad.
    Your dyeing!!!!!! You are so clever!! It is all so beautiful and looks like the professional dyers have made it. I bet you can guess which ones I like the best!!
    I have heard of Valention Rossi!!! Because I listen to the ABC sport reports, I must have picked up his name. They are motor bike warriors!!!

     
  • At 7:44 pm, Blogger Sharon said…

    I am not going to show my miserable dyeing effort after seeing your lovely work. Isn't Live2knits the best yarn, I love it.

    Oh how horrible that is about Adams cousin, I am a believer in the death penalty for that reason, murderers don't deserve to live!!

     
  • At 2:48 am, Blogger Dandy said…

    Sorry to hear about Adams cousin..
    ((HUGGS))

    your dyeing is great!! Do you have kool aid left?? is that what you used?

     
  • At 10:41 am, Blogger Leeanne said…

    Katt, your dying is soo lovely. I esp like the lemon & lime colour one. how much yarn is in one of those shanks (if that is what they are called)? Maybe I could get you to make me some....

     
  • At 5:45 pm, Blogger Cathy said…

    Sorry to hear about Adam's cousin. I also beleive in an eye for an eye.

    The dyed yarn is lovely. Will we see it tomorrow?

    Cathy

     
  • At 3:55 pm, Anonymous michelle said…

    ooh...i like the rainbow colours!!! so many yarns!! so many colours!!!

     
  • At 6:29 pm, Blogger Lynne said…

    I'm sorry to hear about Adam's cousin. The news was all over the media here.
    I do love your dyeing - it is so much fun, isn't it? I need to do MORE! Indeed, I need to give you some dyed yarn cos you WON! :-) Pop over to my blog :-)

     
  • At 3:41 pm, Anonymous 2paw said…

    Oh, I had forgotten the whole knob discussion!! It made me laugh all over again!! Now I shall watch Bedknobs and Broomsticks and open drawers with knobs and open the window in the car with a knob and be totally amused!!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Days Until Rachelle's 7th Birthday
Lilypie Baby PicLilypie Baby Ticker


Days Until Harley's 10th Birthday
Lilypie Baby PicLilypie Baby Ticker


Fiber Arts Bloggers
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random |