Kattwings Knits

knitting that flys off the needles

Sunday, 12 February 2006

Progress Report 1 (on Knitting Olympics)

Not yet 2pm Friday I sat and waited. Ready to go! Eager to achieve!


End of Day half (you cant count it as day ONE because it started at 2pm!!)! So thats only day half to me! lol. I got 20 row short of the armhole decrease on the back. Not bad really....


End of Saturday I got this far.........


Ok so I have finished the Back..To make it worse I got the back finished within 24hrs of CASTING on the said piece!! I now fear that maybe I havent made a big enough challenge for myself! Though at the rate I am going I will probably burn out and use up all the 16 days to make it.


And I got this far on one side of the front before quitting last night to go to sleep. Am cruising along well I think. Though (and I found this last time I made it) that the moss stitch at the end bugs the hell out of me with the fact it does THIS (below)..............


You have now been officially updated!! Once the Olympics finish I will post piccies of Large Project 7 and 8 that I have finished...This cardigan is Large Project 9...I have also gotta post one of the earlier Large Projects that never got posted (the cardi I designed for Demz baby).

Okies thats the update for now...Will have more later!

Catch ya on the flipside..And keep knitting!!

Katt

6 Comments:

  • At 8:11 am, Blogger Kate said…

    Good gravey, woman! Go do some knitting yoga and stretches immediately. Otherwise we'll have you completely moribund by the end of February.

    Looks gorgeous, though. Bugger about the slant. I think someeon told me that if you used a bigger needle on the wrong side row for a bit that it wouldn't do this. Not willing to stand by this suggestion as I hadn't tried it myself before.

     
  • At 9:21 am, Anonymous 2paw said…

    Yaaay Katt!! I'm cheering you on. The colour is lovely!! Keep up the hard work!!!

     
  • At 10:11 am, Blogger Sharon said…

    You are flying along, at this rate you are going to smash records and maybe even have to knit TWO projects!!!

     
  • At 10:29 am, Blogger Cathy said…

    Good going Katt. Keep up the good work. Drink lots of coffee to keep yourself awake and don't forget the chocolate for energy.

    Cathy

     
  • At 8:29 pm, Blogger Leeanne said…

    I too are making great progress. I am actually ready to felt. I think maybe I should have challenged myself to see how many I can make.

    Lovely colour blue katt. Cant wait to see it finnished.

     
  • At 8:51 pm, Blogger shazzy said…

    Yanno u are a great mate and I love you, BUT at this very moment I soooooooo hate you too. LOL.
    OK I havent even STARTED my thing yet. Ok long story but here goes...... I sorta moved in with the spunk for a few days and have done NOTHING... Im back home now so I might start..... lalalalalalalala

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Days Until Rachelle's 7th Birthday
Lilypie Baby PicLilypie Baby Ticker


Days Until Harley's 10th Birthday
Lilypie Baby PicLilypie Baby Ticker


Fiber Arts Bloggers
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random |