Kattwings Knits

knitting that flys off the needles

Thursday, 2 February 2006

New Home

Ok so my secret project is now at its new home I can post the piccie and tell you all what it is.
It was the main part of both my parents birthday presents. My mother is a retired nurse. So I knitted her a Jean Greenhowe nurse..My father is a volunteer firefighter. So I knitted him a Jean Greenhowe fireman! And they both LOVED them!!!! My father is even going to take his to the next meeting this weekend I think it was! I was so worried. They were given with a lovely box of Roses chocolates to each of them..But they went down well and I am glad! A relief I can tell you!


Now just have to worry about how well the pressies to Christopher will go tomorrow! Hope Demz likes it all (there is a few pamper things in the baby box for her) and I wont know if Isaac and Chloe will like their "big Siblings get something too" pressies cos I doubt they will be there...Like I wont know if Isaac will like his birthday pressie I will be leaving with his mother for him...

Okies...Take care all! Catch you all later!! Worry is setting in with only 8 days until the Knitting Olympics starts!! I also have a slight problem with the Shawl Collar jumper..Mum was as clueless as I was (neither of us have done one)..So its S'n'B Friends to the rescue on Tuesday I hope!!! I will be taking it along!

Katt

4 Comments:

  • At 8:28 am, Anonymous 2paw said…

    Oh your Nurse and Fireman are so lovely!! Yopu are now officially a JH expert!!!!
    I am a firm believer in presents for other siblings when there is a new baby or a special birthday. Lucky DNLPF's family!!!
    Don't think I've ever done a shawl collar either - can't remember. I'll look up some books and study!!!

     
  • At 3:32 pm, Blogger Kate said…

    You have such a wonderful talent with knitted toys - never a depressed or leer amongst them! These are beautiful.

    Re shawl collar - do a practise one. This would count as training, same as doing a swatch would count as training. No one would expect a pole vaulter to enter their comp. without having hefted the pole a few times! You could do a consensus comment on Yarnharlot's site if you want to get official endorsement of the training program.

    The classic matinee jacket has a shawl collar as well as a straight collar. I'm doing the straight collar cos I'm not sure that the back of the baby's head would make contact with the bed if it had such a large about of wool behind it's short, little neck!

     
  • At 3:39 pm, Blogger Sharon said…

    They are just too lovely, look out after your dads meeting there will be a few other firefighters wanting them too;)

     
  • At 10:18 pm, Blogger Bugsy said…

    oh they are just lovely. I can't believe how fast you got them made. As far as the Olympics go, I thought professionals were not allowed to enter Olympic events - they are for amateurs only ;-)

    I am sure you will ace the shawl collar once you give it a go. Take care sweets.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Days Until Rachelle's 7th Birthday
Lilypie Baby PicLilypie Baby Ticker


Days Until Harley's 10th Birthday
Lilypie Baby PicLilypie Baby Ticker


Fiber Arts Bloggers
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random |