Kattwings Knits

knitting that flys off the needles

Monday, 20 February 2006

6 days left...

of the knitting olympics and I think I will make it easily. Well I did with my GOLD project..and my Silver one was done the next day..Working on my Bronze one and its going well.

Will have it finshed in the next few days I be thinking. I am very proud of myself this past several days. Even with the burn out after the cardigan I have kept going. Had a bit of a bad run when I started what I thought would be a GORGEOUS little jacket..I loved the yarn (a green denim look wool/acrylic blend) and a pattern I loved (a Rowan denim jacket for toddlers)..but ended up HATING the back by the time I got 1 and a bit balls up (granted they were only 25g balls)...It wasnt thrilling me (which I thought it would)...The tension was WRONG (too small)...and when Adam got home I asked him to give his honest opinion..And he didnt like it either..Well thats all I needed..Off the needles it came..and I gave in for the night. The next day I started the project I am on now..And I have already finished the back..The front should be finished tonight.

Once this jumper is finished I will have completed ALL my large projects! Then my challenge (with a bit of failure with yarn buying..BUT I would have bought HEAPS more if I wasnt on the diet) is over.

I do plan on posting piccies still! Just have to get the jumpers (Large Project 7 and 8) on Rachelle to take the piccies. Been a but warm.

Gardening is going well. Almost finished the fence side of the driveway. Its looking really good too! I am impressed with it.

To my UnLoved Sock Yarn person! Thank you for the comment. I hope the first parcel turns up somewhere! You are such a lovely person to send another! I just hope that one arrives!! I hate it when mail gets lost in transit!

Okies I am offski! Tomorrow is my local S'n'B meeting! I am sooo looking forward to going! Catch up on all the goss and gorgeous yarn! lol

Katt

3 Comments:

  • At 9:17 am, Anonymous 2paw said…

    Bah Humbug about the boogelly project!! Can't wait to see your knitting projects this afternoon!!!

     
  • At 4:13 pm, Anonymous maureen, spunwool said…

    Hi Kat, love your knitting projects, used to do a lot myself when the kids were small.
    Be interested to see what you do with the handspun merino wool!
    Maureen,
    spunwool

     
  • At 4:06 pm, Blogger Kate said…

    Way to go Katt! Looking forward to the pictures - the cardy was absolutely gorgeous.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Days Until Rachelle's 7th Birthday
Lilypie Baby PicLilypie Baby Ticker


Days Until Harley's 10th Birthday
Lilypie Baby PicLilypie Baby Ticker


Fiber Arts Bloggers
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random |