Kattwings Knits

knitting that flys off the needles

Friday, 20 January 2006

Still No Baby

,

Ok the Hedgehog is finished. The baby box I have put together is finished. I have told DPF she can uncross her legs..But it hasnt worked. She was due yesterday. Still no sign of baby. But her eldest child has a viral infection so might not be the best time for bub to come at the moment.

I am very proud of it. The bib was so plain and boring. The suggestion in the book is that you put the babies initial or if its for a 1yo you put a 1..well I dont know the babies initial (its either going to be a H or a C)..So I put a duckie. And of course the girls want one for themselves. I think I will make this the typical Katt pressie for friends who have babies! And I found out Wednesday that the nextdoor neighbour is 6wks pregnant with their third.

I have put myself forward to join Yarn Harlots Knitting Olympics. I have to knit and jumper and a cardigan for Harley for school so might as well make one of them the olympic challenge!! I have taken the Sport cardigan (that took me toooo long, due to doing too many things at once, for DPF eldest). I will have 16 days to get it done in. A challenge? For sure..Since I plan on doing it in cotton and I dont know how well it will work in that! lol.. I notice that Vicki is in it aswell so we can motivate each other..Mind you she is taking on a bigger challenge!!

Refresh your memories on the Rowan's Sport Cardigan I did for Chloe (modelled by the rather young looking Rachelle).

Okies. Catch ya all later! Have a great weekend!

Katt

6 Comments:

  • At 8:46 pm, Blogger Sharon said…

    The hedgehog is gorgeous, I do hope that DPF goes soon, I went 1 week over with Ashley and each day feels like a week :(

     
  • At 9:55 pm, Blogger Cathy said…

    The hedgehog is soooooooooooo cute. DPF will looooooooove it.

    Good luck with the knitting olympics.

    Cathy

     
  • At 10:38 pm, Blogger Lynne said…

    LOL - you've been having fun with your knitting!
    I think I am a wuss for only wanting to do a pair of lacey socks but considering the blasted website keeps not letting me put my order in....

     
  • At 12:03 am, Blogger Leeanne said…

    Your hedgehog is very cute and very well made, you should be proud. I too am in the Olympic challenge. I am making one of YOUR bags (well I'll try to) I got the right yarn for it this time.

    Happy knitting.

     
  • At 8:57 am, Blogger Bugsy said…

    Well done. You did a fantastic job and I love the duckie. This is one spoilt baby!

     
  • At 11:06 am, Anonymous 2paw said…

    Excellent Hedgehog - you are a knitted toy fiend!! It is still too hot for me to knit anything all-enveloping so I am giving the Olympics a miss for the CGs!!! I hate the heat. I like Autumn and Winter and bits of Spring and only the cold days of Summer.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Days Until Rachelle's 7th Birthday
Lilypie Baby PicLilypie Baby Ticker


Days Until Harley's 10th Birthday
Lilypie Baby PicLilypie Baby Ticker


Fiber Arts Bloggers
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random |