Kattwings Knits

knitting that flys off the needles

Thursday, 12 January 2006

Jumper Piccies

Ok so I promise some piccies of knitting. So here is the last jumper I have been working on..Mind you I havent done any since just before Christmas. This is for Rachelle, I am using the base pattern that I made three times before (onces for Harley with a hood and twice for the shop to sell).
Above is a pic of the true colour. Its a beautiful deep plum colour. And yes its crushed velvet (a machine washable one).
Above you can see I put in a lighter plum colour stripe. This wasnt my original plan. I had plans on doing a thin stripe of lighter colour, then a row of hearts (picced below) and then a thin stripe of the lighter colour again (between strip of lighter colour and hearts would be a dark plum colour)..Do you all understand what I mean? I was going to take a piccie of my little chart but thought you might know without help (if you need chart let me know).

As you can see though the heart is so light that (as Adam put it) it just looked like the pile went the other way for a small bit...Alas I discarded the plan..Sigh..It would have looked great! Pity it would only look good in the velvet and not normal wool (and that I only had velvet in those colours).

So there are some piccies for you. Later I will post more piccies of what I have done for DPF (who has only a WEEK until her due date and I am soooo not ready for her to have it..I told her to keep her legs crossed another week but she was mean and said no! lol).

Take care all and catch ya round!

Katt

4 Comments:

  • At 1:13 am, Blogger Dandy said…

    that sweater looks great and cruched velvet... yummy!!

     
  • At 7:54 am, Blogger Sharon said…

    That jumper looks lovely.

    Here is the link you asked for
    %bars link

     
  • At 1:23 pm, Anonymous 2paw said…

    Your photo really makes the velvet look luch!! I remember looking at it and feeling it!!!

     
  • At 5:29 pm, Blogger Sharon said…

    I have just noticed your katt fact, I can swim but can I swim well enough not to drown? probably not!!! Oh swimming is so overated don't you think???????

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Days Until Rachelle's 7th Birthday
Lilypie Baby PicLilypie Baby Ticker


Days Until Harley's 10th Birthday
Lilypie Baby PicLilypie Baby Ticker


Fiber Arts Bloggers
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random |