Kattwings Knits

knitting that flys off the needles

Monday, 23 January 2006

HOOOOOOOOOOT!!!

What was I thinking? I am starting to think I over estimated myself for the Knitters Olympics! I mean what was I thinking!?!? A cardigan to knit in SUMMER!?!?!? I am hoping that cotton will ease the hardship of it!

I blame the heat of summer that melted my brain and made me think that this heat and mission can be done!

I have worked it out that I have 3 days pre part (and 1 day left over for the sewing, collar and putting in the zipper). Can it be done? I have no doubt. Will I rant, rave, sweat and threaten to kill and bury my family under the walnut tree if they look me at the wrong way? I am pretty sure! Will I like the end product? That I am not sure of.

I did what I almost never do. I did a test swatch...And I dont like how it ended up. I am use to using 8ply with 3mm needled and 8ply (well I hope it is I will be taking a ball to the S'n'B meeting tomorrow) cotton and 4mm needles looks really gappy. The test swatch was a bit of a mess cos the yarn I used had a lot of breaks in it (a small ball that was included in the bag I got) so I want to do another test swatch without the breaks. Harley is very taken to the test swatch and has it in her bed for her little brat dollz.

Rachelle has changed her mind AGAIN for her cardigan. And I am not letting her change it again! We are now going with Zest mid purple and mint green stripes. The balls next to each other look really nice.

DPF still hasnt popped. Though when she was monitored today at the hospital she had 2 contractions. She said she has been having them on and off for a few days. So fingers crossed she doesnt have long. I am going to see her tomorrow morning. The heat is killing her. She told me if she snaps at me not to take it personally (I told her I would and that I will cry too lol).

Okies all. Take care. Stay cool.

Keep knitting...

Katt

5 Comments:

  • At 7:21 pm, Anonymous Donni said…

    We might have been chanelling - see my recent post!

     
  • At 7:43 pm, Blogger Bugsy said…

    Yes I did wonder about your sanity when I saw you had signed up. Are you crazy woman! This is summer - and not just any summer but the summer of a thousand suns type of summer. I swear one of these days I am going to have to have you committed.

     
  • At 8:31 pm, Blogger Tina said…

    I'd go with the 3mm if I were you. I used 4mm on a baby shirt recently with Heirloom 8ply and it's quite loose.

    I'm doing a 4ply doubled cotton and I'll be using 3mm needles too.

     
  • At 11:53 pm, Blogger betty said…

    Hello Katt you fellow Launcestonian you! Wow I have found 2 in 24 hours. Hey it's too hot to knit a cardi. I don't know much about knitting, although I did knit a few shawls last winter. I do know that there is a shop in Charles street called 242 which sells very very cute wooden knitting needles with red a nd pink spotty knobs on the end. Happy knitting!

     
  • At 10:05 am, Blogger Sharon said…

    Yes, you must be mad, I think Cindy has signed up too, I would join you if it was winter. Cotton definately needs smaller needles, Mystic is being knitted on 3.75mm and Rowan cotton doesn't knit up quite as loosely as some cottons do.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Days Until Rachelle's 7th Birthday
Lilypie Baby PicLilypie Baby Ticker


Days Until Harley's 10th Birthday
Lilypie Baby PicLilypie Baby Ticker


Fiber Arts Bloggers
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random |