Kattwings Knits

knitting that flys off the needles

Tuesday, 13 December 2005

Secret Santa Revealed

Ok. So I was the Secret Santa for Sandra. And being as she popped by this morning to drop off her pressie for who she was the secret santa for I can show you all what I made her.


Sandra put down on her like list that she loves the colour blue and elephants (as well as other things)! So here is a blue elephant for her! This is the project that drove me nuts! It has so many pieces!! There was both the underside pieces, the 4 pads of the feet, plus the gussest for the underside, then both the top sides of the body, the 4 pieces to the ears, the 1 piece to the head and the tail (that wasnt knitted). Thats FOURTEEN pieces to knit!! And then I made the ball. All in all I think it ended up alright. The girls were rather attached to it. Shelly and 'Elly' sat and watched Telly this morning.

So now I am all toyed out! I am working on jumpers for a bit. Dont want to really touch toys (might still. Now I know I dont HAVE to!!).

I didnt do any knitting yesterday or really the day before. And my arm is starting to feel a little better for it. Gonna do some knitting today at the Special knitting meeting at DPF (which is in about 1hr 10mins).

Okies I am off. Take care.

Katt

4 Comments:

  • At 1:26 pm, Blogger Leeanne said…

    Hey Katt, I like your elephant, definately worth all the effort and it sounds like the recipient was very happy.
    You could also think of it as a challange and a learning experiance not just "knitting a toy"

     
  • At 5:46 pm, Blogger Lynne said…

    sounds like you've been doing a bit too much recently! That hefalump is cute but soooo much sewing!
    Aren't smoke alarms a good idea?

     
  • At 11:02 am, Anonymous Jess said…

    That looks awsome!! Did you end up using that pattern that I sent or another one? How tall is it? I think I may have to get energetic and make the pig I have been looking at in my Debbie Bliss Book :)

     
  • At 9:16 pm, Blogger Kate said…

    Good gravey, woman! No wonder you are over toys!!! and I'm not suprised about the aching arm. Mind you, the dolls and Mr nellyfant are all adorable and I think they will make their new owners the objects of serious envy.

    I've posted the pattern for the egg cosies on the blog, so knock yourself out on 'em. It takes me about 1 hour's worth of distracted dpn knitting to finish one and it's a great way to use up wool.

    If I don't get a chance to cruise the blogs before Christmas, I hope you and the family have a wonderful, relaxing and happy Christmas and New Year.
    Ciao, Kate

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Days Until Rachelle's 7th Birthday
Lilypie Baby PicLilypie Baby Ticker


Days Until Harley's 10th Birthday
Lilypie Baby PicLilypie Baby Ticker


Fiber Arts Bloggers
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random |