Kattwings Knits

knitting that flys off the needles

Monday, 31 October 2005

What to do!!

I got a phone call from the MIL yesterday. She says to me "what have you got made for the market on the 12th?" I said NOTHING! I didnt even know she was doing the first freaken market on the 12th! This is the way she is. She expects EVERYONE to be able to read her mind!

A PERFECT example...Christmas 2003. She came over to our place a few weeks before Chrissie. Says to me "what are your plans for Christmas day?" I said nothing. Havent got anything planned. She went "Oh...Ok" and left it at that. Then a few days later we get an abusive phone call from her second husband. Telling us we were selfish and inconsiderate..BLAH BLAH BLAH and all that other crap. So it turns out I was SUPPOSE to be able to read the EVIL ones mind and instantly know she wanted to have a BBQ up at Punchbowl with her and her husband...She had NEVER mentioned the BBQ thing at ALL leading up to her tantie..But she bloody went on about it for weeks after Christmas! We didnt have a BBQ with her. She threw a total tantie about it and didnt see us. Last year she went up to Qld and spent Chrissie with Adams sister and her little family. THIS year..she has mentioned that she wants to have a BBQ with us..

Anyway now I have until Nov 12th to get a few things together for this bloody market. I am going to knit some toys. I will be sharing my stall with the EVIL one (which is good cos I cant get a heap of stuff to have one of my own by then). But she has already said she is going to make ME run it (I am betting this is so she can swan around looking important with MY girls). I had my weeks up until Chrissie all planned with knitting but now have to damn well change it! I would say stuff it but the extra money would be very nice.

Okies folks had my mini rant! Catch ya later!

Katt

6 Comments:

  • At 12:48 pm, Anonymous 2paw said…

    I know it must be horrible to be living this, but it is very funny!! Why can't you read her mind? You're just not trying!!! I am sitting here laughing!!
    Rest assured I know NOTHING about babies except they are pretty much boogelly till they reach the age of 2 or 3. Then they are like real people and you can talk to them. Dogs are like that. Puppies are OK but they just think, food, wee, pooh, sleep and chew really . I like DOGS!!!

     
  • At 2:12 pm, Blogger Leeanne said…

    Oh Katt, It must be bloody frustrating for you. My M-I-L has been dis-owned by my DH and his family. If your incharge of the stall Dont tell her how much you've sold. Keep it your nasty little secret. Then you get the upper hand. What does she sell that is NOT yours?
    You could always have a few drinks before having to deal with her.

     
  • At 6:12 pm, Blogger Cathy said…

    What a b***h the DIL is. I would be telling her where to get off and to get a life of her own. He, he.

    My MIL was a bit the same way but one day she caught me in the wrong mood and now she treads a bit more carefully.

    Catch you tomorrow.

    Cathy

     
  • At 9:33 pm, Blogger Sharon said…

    Don't let this woman boss you around Katt, it sounds to me like she thinks she can just snap her fingers and everyone will come running. DONT LET IT HAPPEN!!!!
    from someone who knows, believe me. It never ceases to amaze me how all the MIL jokes are about the females mother, what a laugh it is always the males mother who makes our lives HELL!! :(

     
  • At 8:02 am, Blogger Bugsy said…

    I reckon you should knit some of the vega elephants. Cathy's one looks great, and they look easy to knit - and then you should add a tag to each one with your MIL's name on them! hehe I am mean. Good luck.

    or - paint some rocks or stick eyes on them and tell everyone they are pet rocks.

     
  • At 8:45 pm, Blogger Lynne said…

    Your MiL is a total dill! What a pain in the butt! I am so glad I have a lovely MiL that i get along with just fine - she's even invited me around for dinner on my birthday!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Days Until Rachelle's 7th Birthday
Lilypie Baby PicLilypie Baby Ticker


Days Until Harley's 10th Birthday
Lilypie Baby PicLilypie Baby Ticker


Fiber Arts Bloggers
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random |