Kattwings Knits

knitting that flys off the needles

Wednesday, 3 August 2005

Not Again

Man it must suck right now if you know me. I found out the other day that a friend of mine (who started out as a net friend but I know her now, she lives near me). Has breast cancer. There is 7 all up. They dont want to operate cos it risks them spreading. So she is undergoing Chemo. I was totally shocked when she told me. I knew she had problems with her boobs, she had had a mammogram that DIDNT pick it up! When they took tissue the second time it was picked up.

I am enjoying the gym at the moment. Not going as much as I could/should. LOL.

As for the knitting front. I have started the sleeve for the cardi I am making for friend. I will have to pop a piccie of it up online when its done so you can all think of a name for it (I will make it a comp. With the winner of the best name getting a prize). I havent been doing much other knitting. I have to sit my butt down and do more. I have slowly been getting back in the mood. I think my urge to knit is linked to my friends! When she doesnt want to knit I do and when she does knit I dont feel like it! lol

Take care all. We are now off to have dinner as a family out at a place recommended by a friend. Might let you what its like!

Katt

5 Comments:

  • At 1:42 am, Blogger Amy said…

    I'm so very sorry to hear about your friend. I am thinking positive thoughts for a speedy recovery from many thousands of miles away.

     
  • At 6:26 am, Blogger shell said…

    oh no! Katt that's awful. I;m hoping everything goes okay for your friend. Beaming positive vibes to you darl'

     
  • At 8:49 am, Blogger Sharon said…

    Sorry about your friend, heres hoping all goes ok, Katt unfortunately as we get older we are faced with things like this more (some more than others). But modern medicine has come a long way and what was once life-threatening is now very treatable.

     
  • At 9:40 am, Anonymous 2paw said…

    Dear Katt, here is the link to the ABC brownie recipes!!!
    http://www.abc.net.au/tasmania/stories/s1388592.htm
    Love Cindy

     
  • At 7:30 pm, Blogger Cathy said…

    Bad luck about your friend.

    Can't wait to get home and see you girls at the birthday bash.

    Having a lovely time shopping (yarn that we can't get at home) and sight seeing.

    Cathy

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Days Until Rachelle's 7th Birthday
Lilypie Baby PicLilypie Baby Ticker


Days Until Harley's 10th Birthday
Lilypie Baby PicLilypie Baby Ticker


Fiber Arts Bloggers
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random |