Kattwings Knits

knitting that flys off the needles

Wednesday, 31 August 2005

CLASSY

The she devil (MIL) came over today. She is opening an art gallery in Scottsdale (now you Tassie folks will know that is FAR from the hub of society here in northern Tassie). So she mentions to me today that if I wanted to earn a little extra money that I could do something crafty to sell in her Gallery. Then she pipes up that her daughter and step daughter are making jewellery (beaded ones). She has someone making bags, someone else doing the cooking for there (She KNOWS I do cooking). And when I mentioned knitting she said it would have to be "classy patterns with classy wool" now when asked what she had in mind she avoided answering except to say "classy pattern with classy wool" she said that line about 5 times while here. HOW classy is beaded jewellery for crying out loud!?!? BUT my knitting has to be classy.

I am betting dollars to donuts that she is only MAKING the offer (knowing I probably wont think of anything) just so she can say she offered..She NEVER offers to help us. So this is her empty pointless way of doing so.

So I ask my dear readers..WHAT would you class as a classy pattern and classy wool!?!?

I want to also send out my love and thoughts to my darling best friend tonight. I just read on her blog that one of her fur babies died. Suzi hun I am sorry. HUGE hugs from us to you.

Katt

9 Comments:

  • At 2:40 am, Blogger Sally said…

    Your monster in law sounds like a boob....why don't you make her this...
    http://www.straw.com/cpy/patterns/cot_chenille_boob.html

    chenille is so classy!!!!

     
  • At 8:38 am, Blogger Cathy said…

    What's classier than knitted socks.

    There are some really classy (and expensive) yarns around to make socks these days.

    The MIL needs to get real. Who goes to Scottsdale to shop?????

    Cathy

     
  • At 10:21 am, Anonymous Donna said…

    I bet she wants fluffy scarves, to go with the beaded jewellery. Offer her beaded knitting! ;)

     
  • At 12:19 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    aren't mil's just the worse? how about some of those fun fur scarves,and if she doesn't like them wrap one around her neck and squeeze heh or better yet if she doesn't like them gift her with one for christmas.
    i am actually a very nice person btw lol
    cara
    earth mother

     
  • At 1:55 pm, Blogger Leeanne said…

    I agree with Donna, make her a scarf with some lovely beads. I recently made a scarf knitted with thick black wool with silver flecks through it and it looks really dressy.
    Dont want to be a wet wendy but will she be happy with what you decide to make? She doesnt sound very appreciative.
    I hope you are splitting the profits. Let us know what happens.

     
  • At 6:05 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I would knit her a really nice little bag, when she ask's where to use it, tell her it's to shit in to remind her self her shit stinks to.

     
  • At 12:05 am, Blogger Dandy said…

    well what a bag.. i'd say scarves as well, what about bags too... felted of course??

     
  • At 7:54 am, Blogger Bugsy said…

    I vote for the socks. I have seen the socks you make and they are really classy. I know if I was walking through a country gallery and saw the socks I would stop. Definately more than the beaded jewellary.

    Although Sally's idea is very different - you could combine it with the knitted uterus I have seen previously on another site.

     
  • At 5:40 pm, Blogger Sharon said…

    Your knitting is way too classy for her stinkin' shop anyway!!!!!!!!

    MILs grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr :(

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Days Until Rachelle's 7th Birthday
Lilypie Baby PicLilypie Baby Ticker


Days Until Harley's 10th Birthday
Lilypie Baby PicLilypie Baby Ticker


Fiber Arts Bloggers
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random |