Kattwings Knits

knitting that flys off the needles

Saturday, 16 July 2005

Kool Aid Anyone? And Condom Beanie (2/10 small)

First note the look on my little models face! This is the "I am pretending to be alseep" look (so look for this look on Catwalks all over Paris!). Condom Beanie..NOT what some of you thought (you know who YOU are). It is a child's beanie that looks like a condom (Adam named them). I have posted them before (Harley has one that matches her Hans Jumper and her Mittens that she flushed. This is project 2/10 for my small projects! 8 more of those to go! Cant wait to get them done! LOL. This one is for a Melbourne net friends little girl who is 2mths older then Shesha.


Here is my first attempt at Kool Aid Dying yarn. I used the cherry red, the blue (for the life of me I cant remember the name) and the grape purple. I dyed 2ply Patons Beehive for a tester. Only 20g of it. Then I wondered what the hell I would do with it!! So I gave it to a friend Tuesday at the S'n'B meeting. Cathy has used 2ply before and I have given her 2ply before. I can't wait to see what she does with it.

I am picking up needles and starting Shell's Luka jumper for her daughter today. This wil be my knitting at home project (poor Luka is unloved and never taken out of the house until its finished..too many balls to deal with). I have also almost finished the back of the un-named ribbed cardigan for Demz baby (this is my take away project). The back is the easy part. Working out the front and sleeved with be the fun part. I have been working on 4 sizes for it. So when I have finished the pattern I will have to find myself some Test Knitters (any volunteers?). Luka and Demz baby cardigan will be part of the 10 Jumpers I have to do.

Nat asked me what Debbie Bliss books I picked up. Well I got these two Debbie Bliss Step-By-Step Knitting Workbook and Debbie Bliss Great Knits for Kids (revised and updated edition).

Okies folks. Catch ya all later! And happy knitting

Katt

5 Comments:

  • At 5:44 pm, Blogger shell said…

    love the condom hat hehe sorry cant help giggling. Sign me up as a test knitter if you like. I'll at least give it a go.

     
  • At 11:21 pm, Blogger Dandy said…

    the comdom hat looks super!! I just love than name too... I bet it gets a lot of laughs,,lol...
    The dye job is awsome,love the colors! the blue is blue raspberry I believe??

     
  • At 1:39 pm, Blogger Bugsy said…

    Love the hat. At least she will be ... ahem.... safe from the cold. LOL. I love the dye job you did of the yarn and can't wait to see what your friend does with it. It seems you are not only expert at dying your hair! The question we have to ask is "Is there anything you can't do???" You astound me.

     
  • At 7:37 pm, Blogger Cathy said…

    I can't believe it or can I? It really looks like a CONDOM. Hehe, haha.

    What do you want the test knitters to test knit for you?

    Cathy

     
  • At 8:30 am, Blogger Sharon said…

    Love the condom hat it is so cute.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Days Until Rachelle's 7th Birthday
Lilypie Baby PicLilypie Baby Ticker


Days Until Harley's 10th Birthday
Lilypie Baby PicLilypie Baby Ticker


Fiber Arts Bloggers
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random |