Kattwings Knits

knitting that flys off the needles

Thursday, 5 May 2005

Been shopping

So I went into Spotlight today. Since they were meant to be having a yarn sale. I have now spend MOST of my birthday money...On wool....That wont be used for me (what a surprise there). Adam goes "Yeah but its going to your hobby" I got some Cleckheaton 12ply in grey so I can now make Harley a bunny rabbit like Rachelles. I got some great red yarn that I had previously given some to a friend just so I can make a jumper at a later date (its a great red). I got some acrylic 12ply in a dark natural so I can make a rabbit for the shop to sell (wouldnt be able to sell a pure wool one and get any money), and some assorted Bluebell (in two colours). I got THREE (yes three) Jean Greenhowes pattern books, I got Panda Craft bear book that I saw after someone at my S'n'B meeting (points..YOU yes you!!! the book you had yonks ago) so now I can make a patchwork baby yarn bear if I want to! lol. I also got the Designer Knits Creative Knitting book.

Photos will come! Soonish..I am still waiting for the download limit to do change over. It's killing me!! I cant check all my blogs I normally read! We are gonna be over limit again. I have resigned myself to that, just hope its not by too much.

Catch ya all later!! And yes I have been knitting!! Not much but I have been doing it! I should be doing a heap more though. Suppose to have the back of Chloes jumper finished tonight.

Katt

4 Comments:

  • At 4:24 pm, Blogger 2paw said…

    Dear Katt, fancy meeting people from Launceston in the ether!! My blog has a recipe every day, but since I am a tad obsessed with my knitting now, that gets a guernsey too. I will bookmark you so I can see what you are knitting. I have 3 things on the go : some Opal socks, my Fibonacci jumper and my cardigan. Last year I knitted my friend a whole Nativity for Christmas. If you see H2G2, when the ship changes into being knitted and Arthur vomits wool - thta's Joseph or one of the Shepherds!!! I still need a camel and a knitted stable though. I can't put photos on my blog as I am a bit of a Luddite. What bargains you got at Spotlight. I must go there tomorrow too!!!

     
  • At 6:16 pm, Blogger Cathy said…

    I must be a bad influence on my fellow S'n'Bers. Especially Katt.

    I can't help it if knitting has taken over my life. That's how knitting is. It's an obsession. If you don't knit you will never understand what it's like.

    Even husbands of knitters don't even understand what it's like.

    Cathy

     
  • At 12:20 am, Blogger ttbookjunkie said…

    Don't you just love how husbands tell you that you are spending money on yourself when you are buying things to make gifts for others? :) I say it does not count!

    Amanda

     
  • At 8:53 am, Blogger Sharon said…

    Which Jean Greenhowe books did you get? I love that womans patterns. Have you thought about upping your internet limit, we did for an extra $10.00 a month and it has been worth it.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Days Until Rachelle's 7th Birthday
Lilypie Baby PicLilypie Baby Ticker


Days Until Harley's 10th Birthday
Lilypie Baby PicLilypie Baby Ticker


Fiber Arts Bloggers
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random |