Kattwings Knits

knitting that flys off the needles

Saturday, 9 April 2005

Yarn Trade Yarn and other stuff


Yarn Trade Yarn, originally uploaded by Katt Wings.

Here is the yarn I got from the Yarn Swap! I think I did well! The plastic baggies under some yarn is how Sharon keeps her yarn! ORGANIZED or what!!

On other news. I have been working hard on Adams Zhivargo scarf. Getting there SLOWLY. Not finished the first ball yet. Will get back to it tonight and hopefully get at least the first ball done.

haven't done anymore of the Hero Jumper (take 2).

Thursday night SOMEONE broke into our car!! They sat in my passenger seat, rifled through the glovebox, and the section between the front seats. Moved all the crap that was on the floor of Harleys side up onto the seat. Generally made a nuisance of themselves!! And what did they steal? NOT the perfumes worth about $90 that's in there....NOT the kids Leapad that's worth about $100...NOT the change in the car (which granted was only about 50c)...They DID steal Adams deodorant!!! THAT'S IT!!!! I think we should all keep an eye out for a SMELLY thief..Who stole a $2 cheapo deodorant (its the car one not his good home one). We thought they might have taken a DVD that was in the car for BIGPOND movies (pay an amount a month and get dvds sent out to you that you select)..BUT if they did..They were nice enough to pop it in the mail for us..Cos I got an email from bigpond today saying it was returned.

Today I did some cooking with the girls. I have the BEST cookie recipe! Its one where kids can REALLY get their hands into it (it has to be mixed by hand when you get to a certain point). Rachelle did Peppermint Choc Chip..and Harley had Mini M&M!! I then later made some biscuits WITHOUT their help (choc cornflake ones) I have had a productive day to say the least! lol..Might post the recipe for the kids cookies someday soon! Its a great one!

Okies folks! That's all for me for now! Catch ya all later!

Katt

6 Comments:

  • At 10:21 pm, Blogger Cathy said…

    You were lucky that nothing else was stolen from the car.

    I have started a pair of toe-up socks with the Patonyle sock yarn from the yarn swap.

    The pattern is the "Sock it to me plain toe-up socks for the family" from the Socks around the world Blog.

    I am about half way along the foot and all is going well at the moment but it was a bit tricky starting.

    Cathy

     
  • At 3:37 am, Blogger ttbookjunkie said…

    I cannot believe they only took the deodorant! You should try to market it to a deodrant company, they want that smell so bad that they would break in for it! Crazy..

    We were broken into in Boulder at a repair shop and our dumb theif took a 20 radio but left textbooks worth hundreds of dollars at buyback, and a digital camera.

     
  • At 12:32 pm, Blogger Nichola said…

    Ooh you did well on the yarn swap. Maybe we could do one between us? It's a pain when someone breaks into your car, you'd at least think for the hassle they went to they'd have taken the expensive stuff, not a $2 deodorant! Now you have the pain in the butt of having the lock/window fixed. What a S*#t that person is.
    All is well on the parent/sister front, they've gone to Sydney for 4 days so we have some peace and quite until Tuesday evening! It's been hectic and very noisy.

     
  • At 12:09 am, Blogger Sally said…

    Looks like you did well with the yarn swap. I'm sorry to hear that your car was broken into...but what the heck were they thinking only taking deodorant??? I have never been so lucky. Our cars have been broken into and we always lose everything!!!! I should start leaving deodorant out there I think.....LOL.
    sally

     
  • At 12:44 am, Anonymous leah said…

    I have GOT to find me a yarn swap!

    How odd that a theif would return your movie for you... perhaps they wanted to save you from having to pay the late fee?

    I REALLY need to organize my yarn. I now have enough that warrants some sort of organization.

     
  • At 1:55 am, Anonymous Lynne said…

    Lovely Yarn...even better cookies! I'd say if you had to have your car broken in to, do it in a week you get beautiful knitting stuff and good baking! Have a wonderful week!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Days Until Rachelle's 7th Birthday
Lilypie Baby PicLilypie Baby Ticker


Days Until Harley's 10th Birthday
Lilypie Baby PicLilypie Baby Ticker


Fiber Arts Bloggers
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random |