Kattwings Knits

knitting that flys off the needles

Saturday, 2 April 2005

Its HERE!!

The wait is over!


Rachelle Wearing Luka, originally uploaded by Katt Wings.

What you all have been waiting for! What I have been telling you that's coming. Its LUKA!! I FINALLY finished the damn jumper! I knew if I told you lot something was coming I would have to get off my butt and finish it! So I thought I would make is a surprise! It gave me hell every step of the way! It wasn't until the last sleeve that I learnt a little trick to make ALL the ends vanish as I knitted. So after I finished knitting it I had to spend HOURS (yes I said HOURS) sewing away all the devil little ends. Then I had to sew it all together so the lines all matched up. Once that was done. I was happy. I decided cos the bottom of it rolled so much I would pick up and knit 2 rows of garter stitch. As you can see from the pic it didnt stop it rolling. I don't care. It matches the collar that is rolled.
The modifications I made on the original Rowan Luka pattern is:
1) remove the ribbing on the sleeves and the bottom edge of the jumper. I didnt like how it was more then 4 rows of that one colour. Made it too solid.
2) I added garter stitch for 2 rows at the bottom to make up the ribbing.
3) I made ruffles on the end of the sleeves (which in the end is Rachelles FAVOURITE part).
4) I make the collar roll outwards instead of inwards.

I am VERY happy with the end result I can tell you. I am willing to make it again now that I know I can make the ends vanish from the START of the jumper! lol

Dandy I know you will be happy you have wanted to see this! I hope I didnt disappoint anyone making you wait for it! lol

Click on the picture to go to my Flickr album. You can see it front on. I picked this one cos the colours are more true in it. The other is front on but the colours are a little washed out.

Katt

4 Comments:

  • At 6:56 pm, Blogger Cathy said…

    Luka has come up like a dream and the colours really suit Rachelle.
    Hopefully you will bring it to the next SnB meeting. It was really worth the wait.

    Cathy

     
  • At 7:36 pm, Blogger Katt said…

    Of course I am bringing it to the next meeting!! mind you NONE of you can look inside ;) you might find a few mistakes! lol

    Katt

     
  • At 9:28 pm, Blogger Sharon said…

    Well done, having seen Luka in progress, it is great to see it finished. You did a great job can't wait to see it at the next SnB meeting.

     
  • At 9:33 pm, Anonymous jacqueline said…

    This jumper is excellent! I am so impressed and it really looks good on Rachelle.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Days Until Rachelle's 7th Birthday
Lilypie Baby PicLilypie Baby Ticker


Days Until Harley's 10th Birthday
Lilypie Baby PicLilypie Baby Ticker


Fiber Arts Bloggers
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random |