Kattwings Knits

knitting that flys off the needles

Monday, 7 March 2005

Cheap Knitting Needles!!

Our local cheap-o store (Chickenfeed) has brand new knitting needles on sale for $2 a pop! Sizes 4mm to 9mm. I saw the ad last night. Thought they were probably plastic fantastic (I break plastic needles like its no-ones business)...But thought I could handle the plastic ones from 6mm up (I have 6mm, 6.5mm and 7.5mm in plastic and am ok with them). I got down there today and they are METAL!!!! YAY!!! So I picked up 2x4mm, 1x5mm, 1x6mm, 1x7mm, 1x8mm and 1x9mm! They only had the whole sizes non of the inbetweens but still I am a happy camper! I now have some large needles! YAY!

Now I have to work on some projects to use them with. I am glad I didnt pay like $15 a pop for the bigger ones now that I got them that cheap.

Havent done any knitting yet today. Will get to that a little later. Dunno still what I will be taking to tomorrows S'nB Meeting. Probably will take Hero along. Thats an easy one to do. Though I will probably get up to the picture in it either tonight or tomorrow. Might have to try and get to it and get it all done tonight!

I am itching to start a new big project. I want to start another jumper. Or maybe Chloes Trixi cardigan. I dont know I just want to start something else!! Its that startitis again!

Ok if I get some knitting done and/or have some exciting news I will get back on later! lol

Katt

2 Comments:

  • At 6:51 pm, Blogger Sharon said…

    Did you really make up the banner for the SNB? You are sooooo clever I envy you people who can do things like that. Oh and I love the new message board, I saw one on a blog I read and made a note of it to tell you about it tomorrow do you have to pay for it or is it a freebie?

     
  • At 1:44 am, Anonymous Leah said…

    I'm so jealous I can hardly breathe! I need a place to find cheapo knitting needles!

    Okay, I've got a question for you. I'm trying really hard to supress the urge to start another project because I just simply don't think I'd ever get anything done if I had another thing started. How do you find the time to dedicate to finishing multiple things at a time? I guess me being a new knitter (and therefore a slow one) plays a part in things...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Days Until Rachelle's 7th Birthday
Lilypie Baby PicLilypie Baby Ticker


Days Until Harley's 10th Birthday
Lilypie Baby PicLilypie Baby Ticker


Fiber Arts Bloggers
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random |