Kattwings Knits

knitting that flys off the needles

Friday, 25 February 2005

Cotton Heaven


Cotton Heaven, originally uploaded by Katt Wings.

Have a gander at what I picked up at an op shop (thrift shop) yesterday! All cotton..All lovely! The blue alone is about 600g (the other colours are a little piled on top of some of the blue too)!!! Am thinking its an 8ply which is good. And it all cost me a grand total of $5! BIGGEST BARGAIN! Now I have to find some really nice patterns to knit with Cotton. Am considering making Rachelle something with the blue (would look lovely with her eyes). All the colours came in the one pack. VERY Australian (colours of our Flag!).

I am almost half way through the last sleeve of the Guardian Angel jumper! Look for a picture of the finished product tomorrow (if I get that organised!)

Harley read me a book yesterday. Actually READ it to me! I am so impressed! Mind you its a basic one. She has memorised the order the words go in more then the words themselves I think. I bet it I wrote them down seperately in a different sentence she wouldnt be able to pick them out. But still its a HUGE step forward ;)

I havent really been in much of a knitting mood..I dont know why. I will do some when I sit down with it in front of me but actually getting to that point!

The same op shop that I got the cotton from had this adoreable 5 piece knitted set in yellow for a doll. I couldnt help myself! Harley has a Baby Born and the set was $4 (someone undercharged I tell you)..So I bought it! I mean why not? I am HIGHLY impressed by it its all gorgeous! So why not have a knitter buy it who appreciates the work that went into it?

Okies I think thats all for me tonight. Boring soul arent I? Nothing exciting is happening here HONEST! lol

Katt

6 Comments:

  • At 10:06 pm, Blogger Nichola said…

    Aaah,a woman after my own heart, a bargain hunter! The cotton is lovely. By the way, did you ever knit the scarf i gave you the pattern for?

     
  • At 1:34 am, Anonymous Leah said…

    It kinda makes me sad to see things like that end up at thrift shops. I mean, once upon a time someone really put some time into that little outfit. I'm glad it ended up in the hands of someone that appreciates it!

     
  • At 2:10 pm, Blogger ttbookjunkie said…

    Nice haul!
    Amanda

     
  • At 5:25 pm, Blogger ~ L said…

    wut a steal!!! i'm always looking in thrift shops for a bargain, never been very lucky though. congrats on your awesome find.

     
  • At 8:35 am, Blogger Felicia said…

    The cotton is awesome! As proof that we all only see the world through ourselves, when I first looked at the yarn-- I thought, those colors would be perfect for an American flag! Then I look down, and you said the same thing, only you were thinking of Austraila! I'm sure our British knitters were thinking of their flag, and so on!

    Still, that's a great load, and it's extra-special because you got it on sale!

     
  • At 1:07 pm, Blogger Sharon said…

    I love it when a fellow bargain hunter (especially yarn bargain hunter) finds a goodin. Just shows that you have to keep looking and eventually something worth getting turns up.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Days Until Rachelle's 7th Birthday
Lilypie Baby PicLilypie Baby Ticker


Days Until Harley's 10th Birthday
Lilypie Baby PicLilypie Baby Ticker


Fiber Arts Bloggers
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random |